Upholstery tests focus on fabric, foam, flammability and structural.
Textiles and foam tests range from light domestic use through to severe contract use. Both are also subject to flammability regulations, which are a legal requirement. Structural tests assess the safety, durability and stability of products.
We’re UKAS accredited to test domestic and commercial:
- Textile strength tests, including tensile, tear, burst and seam slippage
- Fabric tests, including flammability, colour fastness to light, wet and dry rubbing, abrasion and pilling.
- Leather tests, including flexing, visible soiling, abrasion and light fastness
- Foam tests, including flammability and pounding
- Structural tests, including sofas, dining chairs
Strength and stability testing for all types of seating, to ensure fitness for purpose
UKAS accredited flammability testing on all types of upholstery, fabrics, foams, feathers and fillings