Ergonomics Excellence Award
'Ergonomically designed' is a popular term with consumers and is widely used by manufacturers. The Ergonomics Excellence Award means you can demonstrate your product's design and manufacture are independently assessed.
The FIRA International Ergonomics Excellence Award was launched in 2000; initially for office chairs. It has since been extended to desks, workstation accessories (such as monitor arms and laptop holders) and domestic products. Now any furniture, or related product can work towards our Ergonomics Excellence Award.
The FIRA International Ergonomics Excellence Award recognises companies who design and manufacture ergonomically outstanding products, especially those that meet and generally exceed the requirements of British and European standards.
Ergonomics Excellence Criteria
To achieve Ergonomics Excellence your product will be independently assessed by our ergonomics experts and must fulfill the following criteria:
- excellent ergonomic qualities
- designed according to appropriate ergonomic criteria
- user friendly
- promote comfort and well being for the user
- fit for purpose both ergonomically and structurally
- user safety
- comply with relevant health and safety regulations
- meet or exceed the minimum requirements of current European, British and FIRA standards on ergonomics, structural integrity and safety
- be manufactured by a company with high quality standards and a good environmental policy.
Ergonomic Excellence Award Holders
View all holders of a FIRA International 'Ergonomics Excellence Award'.
Ergonomic expertise including research, consultancy and testing services for all products, from monitor arms to train seating, across the furniture industry.
FIRA Gold Certification
FIRA Gold Certification is the quality mark recognised across the furniture industry, spanning products and installation services.