Quarter One Training Curriculum
06 Jan, 2022
Details of our training curriculum running from January to March - and all taking place online - are now available. Training topics include flammability, sustainability and the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) regulation.
Steve Cotton, FIRA International’s flammability and physical upholstery expert, will be delivering three tailored flammability courses aimed the office/contract, domestic and bed sectors, including:
- Understanding Flammability Requirements for the Contract and Office Furniture Sector
- Understanding the Domestic Furniture Regulations and Working to Compliance
- Flammability Requirements for Beds and Mattresses, Across the Domestic and Commercial Sectors
Turning to sustainability, a new course has been added to the 2022 agenda – ‘Carbon Measurement and Towards Carbon Zero’. Hosted by FIRA International’s Technical Consultant, John Hubbard, the course aims to help delegates understand the context of carbon measurement and the importance of robust action to reduce carbon emissions across the furniture supply chain. Topics covered will include a focus on climate change and greenhouse gases, measuring carbon, carbon management strategies and working towards carbon zero. Much of the course was borne from the recent UN COP 26 summit agreements to limit greenhouse gases, which will likely see organisations across the furniture industry coming under increasing scrutiny about the steps they are taking in moving towards the zero carbon economy.
In addition to the new carbon focused course, four more established sustainability courses, hosted by John Hubbard, return to the curriculum after a successful launch in 2021. These are confirmed as:
- Sustainability Module 1: Material Transparency and Resource Efficiency
- Sustainability Module 2: The Circular Economy
- Sustainability Module 3: Packaging and Packaging Waste
- Sustainability Module 4: Sustainability Schemes and Certification
The modular training programme for REACH also returns for 2022, with nine modules available for booking:
- REACH, Module 1: Introduction to REACH
- REACH, Module 2: Annex XVII Chemical Restrictions
- REACH, Module 3: Annex XIV Substances of Very High Concern
- REACH, Module 4: UK Chemicals Regulation Post Brexit
- REACH, Module 5: Product Testing for REACH
- REACH, Module 6: Worldwide Chemical Legislation
- REACH, Module 7: Chemicals and CSR
- REACH, Module 8: Flame Retardant Chemicals
- REACH, Module 9: Biocidal Products Regulation
The modular approach enables delegates to select which module(s) they wish to attend based on their organisation or job role, giving flexibility to learning and understanding this often complex regulation.
Full details on all training courses are available here. Preferential delegate rates are available to members of the Furniture Industry Research Association.