Further REACH Training Now Available
21 Apr, 2021
Our chemicals expert, John Hubbard will be hosting cycles of REACH training in June, September and November.
Each cycle consists of nine modules covering all facets of the regulation. You can select which modules you want to attend, either just one session, or a few to build a curriculum which meets your needs. Furniture Industry Research Association members receive preferential rates of £65+VAT, non-member modules are priced at £80+VAT. Alongside a 25% discount if three modules are booked at the same time.
All modules are scheduled for 90 minutes and include:
REACH, Module 1: Introduction to REACH
- Background and requirements of REACH as it applies to consumer goods
- 8 June AM / 1 September AM / 4 November AM
REACH, Module 2: Annex XVII Chemical Restrictions
- Specific restrictions and how they apply to materials and products
- 8 June PM / 1 September PM / 4 November PM
REACH, Module 3: Annex XIV Substances of Very High Concern
- Obligations from the presence of SVHC and differences from Annex XVII
- 10 June AM / 2 September AM / 9 November AM
REACH, Module 4: UK Chemicals Regulation Post Brexit
- Actions required to transfer from EU REACH to the UK version of REACH
- 10 June PM / 2 September PM / 9 November PM
REACH, Module 5: Product Testing for REACH
- Compliance obligations and the importance of focused testing
- 15 June AM / 8 September AM / 16 November AM
REACH, Module 6: Worldwide Chemical Legislation
REACH, Module 7: Chemicals and CSR
- Workplace exposure to chemicals, cleaning the supply chain and chemicals as part of sustainability
- 17 June AM / 9 September AM / 18 November AM
REACH, Module 8: Flame Retardant Chemicals
- Introduction to current restrictions, and testing for flame retardants
- 17 June PM / 9 September PM / 18 November PM
REACH, Module 9: Biocidal Products Regulation
John is a Chartered Chemist with over 30 years’ experience, he is an expert on REACH and its impact on the furniture sector.
Training, reviewing Restricted Substances Lists or providing guidance on testing programmes and gap analysis of chemical information.